Torpedo sandwich rolls are stuffed with Sara Lee® Angus Roast Beef, soaked in beef consommé and dry sherry make this a fun and scrumptious dish to dip.
What You Need
- 1½ lbs Sara Lee® Angus Roast Beef
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 shallot; chopped
- 1 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1 jigger dry sherry, optional
- 2 cans beef consommé, found on broth and soups aisle or beef broth
- To taste Grill seasoning blend for steak, such as Montreal Steak Seasoning Blend, or coarse salt and pepper
- 4 torpedo sandwich rolls; split
How to Make It
- In a large, shallow skillet over moderate heat, melt butter.
- Add shallots to butter and sauté 2 minutes.
- Add flour to butter and shallot and cook a minute longer.
- Whisk in sherry and cook liquid out.
- Whisk in consommé in a slow stream.
- Bring sauce to a bubble and allow to simmer over low heat until ready to serve sandwiches.
- Pile meat loosely across your cutting board or a large work surface.
- Season meat with grill seasoning or salt and black pepper.
- Set out 4 ramekins or small soup cups for dipping sauce, 4 dinner plates and 4 split torpedo rolls.
- To assemble, using a pair of kitchen tongs, dip meat into loose au jus sauce and pile into rolls.
- Set ramekins or cups with extra dipping sauce along side the sandwiches.
If You Liked this Recipe, Try These: