A classic sandwich that matches sweet flavors of French toast with Sara Lee® deli turkey, ham and swiss cheese makes this a warm and sumptuous treat for lunch or dinner.
What You Need
- 4 slices Sara Lee® Oven Roasted Turkey Breast; thinly sliced
- 4 slices Sara Lee® Honey Ham; thinly sliced
- 4 slices Sara Lee® Swiss Cheese; thinly sliced
- 6 pieces thinly sliced white bread
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup milk
- To taste Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 5 tbsp butter, softened
- To taste Confectioners' sugar
- To taste Red currant jelly
How to Make It
- Lightly beat eggs and milk in a shallow bowl.
- Season with salt and pepper and set aside.
- For each sandwich, lightly butter 3 slices of bread on both sides.
- Place 2 slices of turkey and 2 of ham between 2 slices of bread.
- Top with 2 slices of cheese and add last slice of bread.
- Trim crusts, secure with toothpicks, and cut in half on the diagonal.
- Melt 2 tbsp of the butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Dip sandwich halves, top and bottom, in batter.
- When butter foams, place sandwiches in skillet and fry until golden brown, about 2 minutes.
- Add remaining 2 tbsp butter to skillet, turn sandwiches and fry for 2 minutes more. Transfer to plates, sprinkle with confectioners' sugar and serve with jelly.
If You Liked this Recipe, Try These: